When you've finished here, check out the free audios and resources on www.padraigomorain.com

Friday 9 September 2011

Cut! A mindfulness trick - but not out loud...

During a (hopefully) minor spat with computer repair guys - when they screw up should they come to me or should I go to them yada yada) I find my mind wants to keep running scenarios and dialogues and phone conversations through my head. I know from experience that this is a total waste of time and energy so I've borrowed a cliché from the movies and mentally call Cut! whenever I notice another scene has started up in my head. It doesn't work one hundred per cent of course because the pull to resolving problems in fantasy is so strong but it has worked often enough to greatly reduce mental and emotional wear and tear. Worth another try the next time I'm having a war - I just need to remember not to shout Cut! out loud!