When you've finished here, check out the free audios and resources on www.padraigomorain.com

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Mindfulness Journal: Writing down worries

In mindfulness we are advised to be careful about what we entertain in  our minds so when I noticed various worries rattling around my mind this morning I began to use an old technique which requires a degree of mindfulness and detachment. Whenever a new worry occurred to me I jotted it down on a list (a maximum of two words per worry!). This allowed me to proceed without having these particular worries occupying "head space." And, no, I didn't ignore them - I actually resoved a couple and some of the others don't look like worries at all at this stage of the day. Writing the worries down also helped me to be mindful of what I was seeing, hearing and so on. As I said, it's an old technique but one that works well with mindfulness.